Explore the possibilities of the pastel medium. Brilliant color, immediate and satisfying results! Beginners learn drawing and painting techniques with step by step instruction to finish your first pastel painting. Advanced students learn how to improve their drawing and painting skills. Everyone works on projects of their own choice; landscape, still life, pet, grandchild, etc! Bring your reference materials or choose from instructor's collection.
This is a no stress, relaxed class where you work at your own pace. Come join us! Learn much, and enjoy!
Donna Mitchell | Thursdays | 9:30am - 12:00pm | 4 Weeks per Session - see dates below | Studio C | Adults | Maximum number of students: 12 | Member Price per Session: $112.50 | Non-Member Price per Session: $125
Session A: Jan. 18, 25; Feb. 1, 8
Session B: Feb. 22, 29; Mar. 7, 21 (*NOTE: No class Mar. 14)
Session C: Apr. 4, 11, 18, 25
Members - Don't forget to use your PROMOCODE to get your member discount!
Not sure if your membership is up to date? Please contact us!
1. A set of NuPastel and/or a set of Rembrandt are good for starters. Mid size sets are recommended. When the smallest sets are purchased, the student does not get enough color to choose from.
2. Canson MiTientes single sheets of paper 25 x 19" (these may be purchased from the instructor, and may be cut down) I do not recommend the pads of Canson paper.
3. LargeDrawing Board with clips to accommodate 25 x 19" paper!
4. Vine or Willow charcoal sticks. The thinner the better!
5. Kneaded eraser!
6. Sanding blocks
7. A small color wheel is always good to have! (optional)
Bring from Home:
Wet Wipes to clean your hands - any kind will do
The Art Center does not provide cash refunds for classes or workshops unless the class or workshop is cancelled by The Art Center. To request a withdrawal from a purchased class or workshop, students must contact The Art Center a minimum of 7 days before the first day of class. Students who request a withdrawal will receive a class credit for the tuition paid for the class. Students who withdraw fewer than 7 days before the first day of class will receive a class credit of 90% of the tuition paid for the class. No refunds or credits will be issued once a session has started.
Please note: The Art Center is unable to provide class credit, make-up opportunities, or refunds, or prorate classes for students who miss class due to illness or personal scheduling conflicts. Class & workshop registrations are non-transferable. Class & workshop registrations are non-transferable.