Intermediate Drawing for Middle Schoolers (Ages 10-14)
This is the class following FUNdamental Drawing for Middle Schoolers, a basic drawing skills course. Once your student has completed any basic drawing skills course and is feeling a lot more confident in his or her ability, we can build upon those skills and draw more complex subjects. A brief review of concepts such as values, graphite pencils, and lighting will be presented on the first day of class.
Lori Cropper | Tuesdays | 5:00 - 7:00pm | 4 weeks: Oct. 25; Nov. 1, 8, 15 | Studio E | Ages 10-14 | Maximum number of students: 12; Minimum: 4 | Member Price $144 | Non-Member Price $160
Supplies not included. PLEASE SEE SUPPLY LIST BELOW.
Members - Don't forget to use your PROMOCODE to get your member discount!
Not sure if your membership is up to date? Please contact us!
Bring to All Classes:
1. 9x12 inch sketchbook - 50 sheets, 70lb
2. Graphite pencils - 2H, 4H, 6H, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B
4. Pencil sharpener
5. Paper blending sticks - pack of different sizes
6. Mi-Teintes Colored Drawing Paper 19"x25" - 1 sheet, any color except white (available at Hobby Lobby)
7. Prismacolor colored pencils, set of 24 (available at Target, Walmart, Amazon, or any craft store)
Photos/ Objects to draw from:
- Class 1 - Bring in in pieces of bark, rocks, and 2 pictures of landscapes.
- Class 2 - Bring in photos of a clock, a chair, and a bike.
- Class 3 - Bring in color photos of human faces with specific facial expressions - laughing, crying, surprised, scared, etc. Also bring in photos of people in action - playing tennis, kayaking, riding a horse, etc.
- Class 4 - Bring in photos of animals in high motion - a fish jumping out of the water, a sprinting cheetah, a goat climbing a rock cliff, etc.
The Art Center does not provide cash refunds for classes or workshops unless the class or workshop is cancelled by The Art Center. To request a withdrawal from a purchased class or workshop, students must contact The Art Center a minimum of 7 days before the first day of class. Students who request a withdrawal will receive a refund of 90% of the tuition paid for the class. Students who withdraw fewer than 7 days before the first day of class are not eligible for a refund and will receive a class credit of 90% of the tuition paid for the class.
Please note: The Art Center is unable to provide class credit, make-up opportunities, or refunds, or prorate classes for students who miss class due to illness or personal scheduling conflicts.