FUNdamental Drawing (Ages 9-14)
Students will learn how to make objects appear three dimensional on the paper by using specific pencil stroke techniques. Improve knowledge of values, graphite pencils, lighting, composition, foreground, and background. Learn how to or improve ability to draw elements of the human face and body. Focus on drawing human hands and eyes. A lesson and project about stippling will be included. Learn how to draw objects you never considered drawing before and zoom in to show all the fine details and highlights. The last class of the session will focus on the expression, movement, and fur of certain animals.
Lori Cropper | Tuesdays | Oct. 17, 24; Nov. 7, 14 *NOTE: No Class Oct. 31 | 5:00 - 7:00pm | Ages 9 -14 | Maximum number of students: 12; Minimum: 4 | Member Price $144 | Non-Member Price $160
Supplies not included. PLEASE SEE SUPPLY LIST BELOW.
Members - Don't forget to use your PROMOCODE to get your member discount!
Not sure if your membership is up to date? Please contact us!
1. Graphite pencils: 2h, 2b, hb, 6h, 6b
2. 9X12 Drawing pad, 50 sheets, 70 lb
3. Fine Tip Black Sharpie Marker
4. Ultra Fine Tip Black Sharpie Marker
5. Black or blue ball point pens - 2 per student
6. Prismacolor Premier Colored pencils, set of 24 - 1 set per student (may be purchased at Walmart, Target, Amazon, dickblick.com.)
8. Pencil sharpener
9. One sheet - Canson Mi-teintes drawing paper, 19"x25"- any color except white (may be purchased at The Art Center (office), Hobby Lobby, Michaels)
10. Illustration pens: 005, 05, 01, 08 point sizes, any brand
11. Paper blending sticks - a pack of different sizes
The Art Center does not provide cash refunds for classes or workshops unless the class or workshop is cancelled by The Art Center. To request a withdrawal from a purchased class or workshop, students must contact The Art Center a minimum of 7 days before the first day of class. Students who request a withdrawal will receive a refund of 90% of the tuition paid for the class. Students who withdraw fewer than 7 days before the first day of class are not eligible for a refund and will receive a class credit of 90% of the tuition paid for the class. No refunds or credits will be issued once a session has started.
Please note: The Art Center is unable to provide class credit, make-up opportunities, or refunds, or prorate classes for students who miss class due to illness or personal scheduling conflicts. Class & workshop registrations are non-transferable.